Saturday, January 21, 2012

Boys lose to Russia

The boys played a great game and even out shot the Russian team 2 to 1 but they could not pull off the win. Our goal tending was a little soft. The boys will play Canada for the bronze medal this afternoon. All of them were cheering for Finland to beat Canada because they wanted a rematch. They got their wish. The boys are pumped to play them this afternoon. Hopefully, we an bring home a medal.
Nick played very well yesterday. He got 2 penalties that were ridiculous, but he played very physical and actually got in a fight, believe it or not! For those of you who do not know how Nick plays, he is not really considered the "enforcer" on the team... It was kind of neat to see him get into it a bit.

It started snowing here yesterday at 10 am and it has not stopped. It is 10:00 on Saturday and it is still a complete white out here. We have gotten at least 8 to 10 inches of snow. It is beautiful. I wish I could post pictures but I am having some "user" technical difficulties with my computer. Wifi is back up but I cannot get it hooked to the hotel network. So I am using my iPad for this post. I will have lots of pics on Monday!

We had the boys yesterday after their game until about 8:30 last evening. We took them to eat and then went back to the rink to watch the Canada Finland game. They boys left from there and my new adopted family, the Godbout's and Jacobs' went out for the evening. We closed the restaurant about 1am and proceeded to have a SNOW BALL fight until 2 in the morning! It was so much fun! Of course, Advil and coffee are my best friends this morning...

We plan to finish up shopping this morning and go to the game. Hopefully we will be attending a medals ceremony this afternoon.... Hope everyone is well. This trip has been wonderful, but there really is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment